Fossil Hunting Excursions

Image Galleries

Fossil Links

FAQ
Trip Reports

You are here:  Forums    
Artifact and Fossil Forum

Fossil and Artifact Forum

Thanks for visiting our fossil forum! Discuss shark teeth, artifacts, and other fossils on these fossil discussion groups.

In order to post on these forums, you must be a registered member of this site. Membership is free and open to all. Use the register link and start discussing fossils with other fossil enthusiasts from all over the world.

Please try to keep your responses relevant to each thread. If you can't find a thread about what you want to discuss, feel free to create a new one!

July 7, 2010 This is the new version of the Black River Fossils forum. If you can't log in and you used to be able to, please register again. During the conversion from the old version to the new, some user accounts did not translate. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Forums

ForumForumFossilsFossilsShark TeethShark TeethFt Meyers VS. Venice, FL Shark Tooth HuntingFt Meyers VS. Venice, FL Shark Tooth Hunting
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 3/20/2010 10:52 PM

My wife planned our Spring Break with the kids at a place called Pink Shell Beach Resort in Ft Meyers, FL. I was wondering if anyone has had any succes with finding Sharks Teeth in that area. Not looking for anyone to lead me to their secret "honey-spot" but in general was wondering if the beaches in the area produced much in the way of teeth. I'm debating whether to plan a day trip to Venice or try my luck in the Ft Meyers area. Any help or advice appreciatted.
New Post
 3/21/2010 11:56 AM

Hi Dino,
If you are in the Venice area, leave some time to check out the public beach on Manasota Key.  Get a good local map and don't try to take shortcuts as one of the ways there deadends at a private gatehouse, but really Manasota is not that hard to find.  It's a beautiful beach, especially near sunset.  It was never crowded when I was there and I found some decent and pretty teeth, nice colors and some with really sharp points.  No monsters though.  Best I found is to walk along the edge of the water or to sift there.  They have a little bathhouse too.
New Post
 3/21/2010 7:52 PM

I don't believe you will find much on Ft. Myers Beach other than sea shells.
I would follow SharkDog's advice.
New Post
 3/22/2010 5:46 AM

Yep, I agree.
I was stationed in Pensacola two different times.
(Not at the NAS, but at the D.o.D. base about 4 miles up the road, and I was Army, not Navy) ;)
Now, granted, I was doing a lot more whitetail hunting and beer drinking than I was sharks tooth hunting, back in those days, but I still can't recall finding a single tooth down at the Ft. Meyers beaches...
New Post
 3/27/2010 10:45 AM

The beaches of South West Florida are dry for shark teeth. Now you can find teeth and fossils in the creeks of Lee County that are feeders of the Caloosahatchee River. The banks of the river are also known to give up teeth as you travel east away from Fort Myers. Just about an hour north is the Peace River known for its famous MEG teeth and fossils. Curt
Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumFossilsFossilsShark TeethShark TeethFt Meyers VS. Venice, FL Shark Tooth HuntingFt Meyers VS. Venice, FL Shark Tooth Hunting

Fossils

Artifacts

Formations

Users Online
Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: eburna
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 0
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 0
User Count Overall: 802

People Online People Online:
Visitors Visitors: 1
Members Members: 0